The Run Love™ Divis Up or Shut Up Challenge is a fun, challenging, and free event for the San Francisco running community to challenge all skill levels to take on the hardest hill in The City
What is THE CHALLENGE?
- In a 30 minute time period, how many times can you run up Divisidero St (between Lombard and Broadway)?
When is Divis Up or Shut Up?
- Once a month, we host Divis Up or Shut Up, on a Thursday evening at 6pm and 6:30pm. We will meet at Fleet Feet Sports and jog together to the base of Divisidero. The 30 minute challenge will begin once we get to the starting point at Divisidero and Lombard.
How much does it cost to attend a Run Love™ Divis Up or Shut Up Challenge?
- Each time you participate in a Divis Up or Shut Up Challenge, we ask that you make a $5.00 donation to the Ethembeni School as part of our Run Love™ Event Series. Donations should be made in cash or check (made out to THE LESEDI PROJECT), credit cards will not be accepted.
Who Can Run Divis Up or Shut Up?
- All levels of runners are welcome to attend. The grade of the route is very, very steep, so choose your battle wisely! (Think Lyon St stairs... only longer... and without the stairs.)
How Does Divis Up or Shut Up work?
- Meet at Fleet Feet Sports the day of the event.
- There will be TWO waves of runners, due to the amount of attendees. Runners may attend either, but not both waves. Wave assignment is first-come-first-serve.
- Fleet Feet Sports' employees will take each group to the starting point and begin the Challenge.
- Participants will run as many laps up to Broadway and back down to Lombard as they can within the 30 minute window.
- The Fleet Feet Sports employees will keep score of how many laps each participant completes.
- After the 30 minutes are up, the group will return to Fleet Feet Sports.
What Do You Get for Competing in Divis Up?
- After you complete 5 full laps, you will receive a Divis Up or Shut Up running t-shirt from Nike
- After you complete 10 full laps, you will receive a Divis Up or Shut Up long sleeve running t-shirt from Nike.
- After you complete 16 full laps you will receive a Divis Up or Shut Up long sleeve, half-zip running t-shirt from Nike.
- After you complete 35 full laps you will receive a Divis Up or Shut Up running hat at from Nike
- After you complete 50 full laps you will receive a Divis Up or Shut Up Black Label half-zip running t-shirt from Nike.
- **The amount of laps run will accumulate over time. Each time you attend a challenge you will add to your lap total. Fleet Feet will keep a score card for each runner over the course of the year. For example, if you attend two Divis Up or Shut Up challenges, and the first time you complete three laps and the second time you complete two laps, you will have completed five total laps, and have earned your t-shirt at the second Challenge.**
- Laps are not transferable to other runners.
- Laps accumulated during the previous seasons will roll over into the 2013 season.
The 2013 Season has now ended.
Our next season will be begin in April 2014. Stay tuned!